You’re going to love these easy and delicious Mini Chocolate Covered Cheesecakes! They’re a delicious sweet treat that’s fabulous for Valentine’s Day of course, but also good any time you want something that is perfect for a crowd. Easter lunch, 4th of July cookouts, baking with kids and more! Simple to make, these mini cheesecakes use ingredients that you can find at any grocery store year round.
If you like what you’re reading, please consider sharing this article with your community and following @sandeelbooth on Instagram. All products mentioned are independently chosen, and may be affiliate links. Your support is appreciated!
Mini Chocolate Covered Cheesecakes
Can you freeze these cheesecakes?
You can freeze these, but I would eat them within a month so they taste as fresh as possible. Make sure to not add the strawberries before you freeze them as the strawberries will get a bit mushy when you defrost them. Cool them in the fridge, then individually wrap them in saran wrap before placing them in a freezer bag in the freezer. Defrost them overnight in the fridge the day before you’re ready to enjoy them, then top with chocolate and a strawberry 1-2 hours before eating. So easy and yum!
What to serve with mini chocolate covered cheesecakes?
These easy to make cheesecakes are a wonderful dessert, but you’ll definitely want something substantial before you dig into them. If you’re craving a salad. this Zesty Shrimp Salad or Steak Salad are wonderful. They’re light but satisfying. Great for an at home date night! If you’re looking for something heavier, try this delicious Lasagna Soup or Instant Pot Pasta and Meatballs: 4 Ingredients!
No matter what you enjoy beforehand, you’ll love these simple dessert bites.
What ingredients do I need for these mini chocolate covered cheesecakes?
You’re in luck! You really don’t need many ingredients for this simple, but delicious dessert recipe. You can easily snag all of these ingredients from your local grocery store, Walmart, Amazon Fresh, etc. Store brand works just as well as name brand, so don’t think you need to pay top dollar for these ingredients. I do recommend using fresh strawberries over frozen because the flavor profile won’t be the same otherwise and frozen strawberries do get mushy when they’re defrosted. If you can’t find fresh strawberries, try substituting another fruit, like blueberries or raspberries. No fresh fruit worth snagging? No worries, you can skip the fruit or use a fruit jam. Microwave it for 30 seconds to a minute and then gently spread it over the top of each cheesecake. Yum!
You’ll need chocolate graham crackers, butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, milk chocolate, cream cheese, and strawberries. If you can’t find chocolate graham crackers, feel free to sub crushed oreos or regular graham crackers. Like I mentioned before, this cheesecake recipe is pretty simple! If I can make it, I know you can.
What supplies do I need to make these cheesecakes?
Thankfully this is a pretty straightforward recipe, so you don’t need anything too crazy! Just a regular sized cupcake/muffin pan, a large mixing bowl, a bowl to microwave your chocolate chips in and either a stand or hand mixer. I have my mom’s old stand mixer that’s older than me and a simple hand mixer I ordered from Amazon a few years ago, no fancy equipment here. You can get a stand mixer from Amazon for a great price here. I use metal and glass bowls for mixing, baking, etc. I recommend these stainless steel nesting bowls and these Pyrex glass nesting bowls that I’ve had since I got married in 2009. They’re still in perfect shape!
Mini Cheesecakes with Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1.25 c Chocolate Graham Cracker Crumbles
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- .5 c sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- .5 c sour cream
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 12 strawberries
- 8 ox chocolate chips, flavor of choice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place cupcake liners into a 12 c. muffin tin. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix graham crackers and 2 T. sugar with melted butter until combined.
- Press approx. 1 T. graham cracker mixture into bottoms of each muffin cup. (Set aside)
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sour cream, eggs, vanilla and sugar and mix until totally combined.
- Pour filling into muffin cups, leaving about 1/16 inch from the top. Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until tops are set but still a bit jiggly. Cool on wire rack, then chill for 2 hours.
- Peel papers from cheesecakes.
- Melt chocolate according to package direction. I used the microwave, heating at 50% for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between heatings.
- Top with melted chocolate of your choice and top each with a strawberry dipped in chocolate. I suggest about a tablespoon of melted chocolate to fill each cheesecake. If you like a lot of chocolate, use more. You can even add no chocolate to the cheesecakes themselves if you prefer and just enjoy the chocolate on the strawberry. Too much chocolate can be a bit much and overwhelm the flavor of the cheesecake.
Enjoyed this mini chocolate covered cheesecake recipe? You’ll enjoy these other articles!
Coastal Grandmother Looks Under $100
Southern Banana Pudding Recipes
Home Organization Hacks From Amazon
Leave a Reply