This easy Crockpot Lasagna is just what you need when you’re craving something hearty, delicious and packed with flavor. With a few simple steps and ingredients, you can have a family friendly meal prepped and cooking while you go about your day.
[As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It comes at no cost to you. I only recommend things I use!]
How do I make crockpot lasagna?
You’re going to love this recipe! All you need to do is pull out your crockpot, cook the meat, layer the delicious ingredients in it & set it. It’ll be ready anywhere from 4 to 8 hours, depending on what you set it for. Easy peasy.
What do I serve with this crockpot lasagna recipe?
This hearty lasagna is great on its own if you’re in a crunch or too tired to whip anything else up! So I personally love serving it with garlic bread, a side salad and steamed broccoli or sautéed green beans. And if I’m too busy to make my own, I’ll purchase already made garlic bread & a bagged salad. Frozen broccoli is great when steamed or roasted in the oven, topped with a bit of garlic, black pepper & smoked paprika. Yum.
Do I need any specific equipment to make this?
You will need:
Simple, right? This really is a great recipe for any cook, regardless of your experience level. So if you’re a beginner, this is a wonderful recipe to start with. And if you’re an experienced cook, this will be a cinch for you as well.
What ingredients do I need to make this crockpot lasagna?
Not too many at all! Lasagna in general isn’t an overly complicated dish and this one especially is very simple. While it isn’t a traditional lasagna by any means, it is as close as possible and still absolutely delicious. I know you’ll love it!
Make sure to try these other tasty and easy family favorites!
- 1 Box Ready to Bake Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Bag frozen ravioli
- 2 Lbs ground meat beef, turkey or chicken
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 Cups cheese mozzarella or Italian mix
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- Brown meat with spices in a large skillet until cooked through.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add meat and pasta sauce to skillet, simmer on low for 3-5 minutes, until warmed through.
- In your crock pot put a ladle-full of sauce mixture into the bottom.
- Top with a layer of dried lasagna noodles, breaking them to fit.
- Top with cheese.
- Add another layer of sauce, then ravioli, then cheese.
- Follow those layers with more sauce, dried pasta and lastly cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the pasta sauce jar. Shake well and pour over lasagna.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
Use your choice of ground meat and cheese! It’s delicious no matter what you use, although I’d stay away from cheddar or anything spicy.
Sautéing chopped onions, mushrooms and peppers with the meat is also delicious and adds extra flavor if you have time.
Don’t forget to add the water at the end! It ensures that your lasagna doesn’t burn!
If your crockpot runs hot, this may cook a bit faster. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn or overcook when it starts to get close.