Lasagna Soup is a hearty and delicious dish. So easy and comforting, perfect for chilly nights and busy weeks. This will be a family favorite in no time at all. Made with ground beef, beef broth, Italian herbs and more, this simple to make dinner recipe is always a good idea.
This was originally published in 2019, but has been updated. If you like what you’re reading, please consider sharing this article with your community and following @sandeelbooth on Instagram and Pinterest. All products mentioned are independently chosen, and may be affiliate links. Your support is appreciated!
What do I serve with lasagna soup?
Have you ever had Lasagna soup? It’s such a simple recipe that you will love! We love the fresh spices so much. So incredibly delicious! If you don’t eat red meat, you can easily substitute ground turkey or chicken. It’s all personal preference really. I love to serve this with warm crusty bread and a light side salad, but it’s hearty enough all on its own! If you’re looking for other dishes to serve with this, check out this Blueberry Vanilla Almond Granola Crumble for an easy dessert. I love this Olive Garden copycat recipe and this simple Garlic Bread.
Feeding this to a picky eater?
Emms can’t eat this because of his tomato allergy, so I always keep a bit of the meat separate & cook noodles separately for him. He gets deconstructed soup without the tomatoes! I don’t think he minds too much though. Also, he’s all about the cheese and noodles right now.
If you’ve got a picky eater like I do, or deal with allergies (like I do!), feel free to assemble this individually. It will still be delicious! Cook the meat and broth in one pan, while you cook the pasta in another container. If there’s a dairy allergy, sub vegan or dairy free alternatives. Red sauce not a family favorite? Feel free to make this a cream based soup, much like an alfredo soup. I enjoy this one from Easy Chicken Recipes. It’s simply delicious.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound lean ground beef
4 cups beef broth
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes, with juice
One 6 oz. can of tomato paste
1 teaspoon ground oregano
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 ½ cups uncooked rotini pasta
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Ricotta cheese
Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 cups beef broth low sodium if possible
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning
- 2 tblspns fresh basil chopped
- 2 cups zucchini chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2.5 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- .5 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in the chopped onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Then, add in the ground beef, cook until browned then drain excess fat.
- Add in the beef stock, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir until combined. Stir in zucchini.
- Bring to a light boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, stir cheese topping ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- After the soup has simmered for 20 minutes add in the noodles and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes until the noodles are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with a spoonful of the cheese mixture and sprinkle with chopped parsley.