This Patriotic Mini Cheesecake Recipe is about to be your go to cheesecake recipe! Easy to make from scratch, these mini cheesecakes are absolutely delicious and so creamy.
[As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.]
Patriotic Mini Cheesecake Recipe
How easy is it to make this Mini Cheesecake Recipe?
This recipe is so easy! While it does have a lot of steps in the recipe card below, it’s to ensure you get the perfect cheesecake. No cracks or sad cheesecakes here, just fluffy and delicious ones!
If you’re a beginner, just follow the recipe exactly as written and you will have no issue making this tasty homemade mini cheesecake recipe.
What ingredients do I need to make this mini cheesecake recipe?
Since this entire recipe is made from scratch, you’ll need a little bit more than if you were making a no bake cheesecake.
- Cream Cheese
- Gel Food Color
- Vanilla extract
- Sour Cream
The above listed and just a handful of other grocery staples are all you need! If you don’t have any gel food coloring on hand, you can easily order some online. I love to use this brand that I order from Amazon. It’s fantastic quality that I know you will love too.
Can I make substitutions to this mini cheesecake recipe?
While I would follow the recipe exactly as written, you can substitute the colors! If you want to make this for Halloween, use orange and black. If you’re going to make this for Thanksgiving, use brown and gold. Thinking about whipping up these tasty mini cheesecakes for Christmas? Use red and green! You have so many endless color combinations, so don’t stop at just the traditional color pairings.
You could just eat these cheesecakes. I won’t judge! But if you’d like a more substantial meal, I would recommend Red Rice & Sausage for an easy family dinner. Grilled Caprese Chicken is a hit, especially served with Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes!
Having a bbq or potluck? Whip up these amazing BBQ Chicken Burgers. Yum! Serve with homemade or store bought potato salad, coleslaw, fruit, & more for an amazing and unforgettable holiday meal.
What supplies do I need to make this mini cheesecake recipe?
Thankfully you don’t need too many supplies for this mini cheesecake recipe! You most likely have these floating around in your kitchen, but you will need just a few kitchen staples.
I usually purchase my kitchen supplies from Target or Amazon, but you can grab these from most bigger box stores or kitchen supply shops as well.
Enjoyed this mini cheesecake recipe? Be sure to check out these other tasty and fun articles!
Red, White, and Blue Mini CheesecakesPrint Recipe
- 12 count cupcake tin
- 12 cupcake liners
- Hand or stand mixer
- Rubber spatula
- 1 cup vanilla wafer cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 12 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- blue gel icing color
- red gel icing color
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 1/2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 340°F.Place cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
- Mix cookie crumbs, sugar and butter until well incorporated.
- Place 1.5 tbsp cookie mix into the bottom of the liners and press tight.
- Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven and let cool for ten minutes.
- While cooling work on the the filling.
- Reduce the oven temp to 300F.
- In a stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add sour cream and vanilla.Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time on low speed, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Divide the batter into three bowls.
- Color one bowl red and one blue leaving the last white.
- Layer 1 tbsp of batter on top of the crusts, starting with white batter, then red then blue.Do not over fill the cups.
- Bake at 300 for 18-20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let cool an additional ten minutes.
- Do not open the door to the oven for the first ten minutes.
- After this crack the oven open and let them cool for 20 minutes.
- Add to fridge for a final chill for 30-45 mins still in the pans. Be careful not to slam them down or it will deflate them.
- Remove from pan when fully chilled.
- Top with optional homemade whipped cream or store bought.
Whipped Cream Topping
- Add cold heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla to a mixer. Whip on high until stiff peaks form.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Chill until ready to serve.
- Will store for 2-3 days in an airtight container