This Cheesy Baked Potato Recipe is one the whole family will love! With minimal ingredients and very little hands on time, this twice baked potato recipe sure to be a favorite year round.
[As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.]
Cheesy Baked Potato Recipe
How do I make this Cheesy Baked Potato Recipe?
This recipe is perfect for beginners and pros alike! You start off by washing the potatoes. Easy, right? Just give them a good scrub because no one wants a dirty side dish. Once you’ve scrubbed and dried them off, give them a good toss in the oil.
Pop them in the oven to bake, cut them in half, and scoop ‘em out. You’re going to use that potato filling you just scooped out and mix it with all of the yummy add-ins. Pack those hollowed potatoes back with the goodness, top with cheese, pop them right back in that oven. They’ll be ready in no time!
These are already packed with some pretty tasty ingredients, like cheese and bacon. But they are also delicious topped with green onion, sour cream, chili, crispy onions, and more.
Since this is such a great side dish, it goes with a multitude of delicious entrees. You could even enjoy it as a main since it’s so hearty! If you’re serving it as a main dish, I’d fix a quick side salad or steamed broccoli to go along with it just to have to some veggies on your plate.
If you’re going to serve it as a side dish, it goes wonderfully with this Steak Salad. If you’re thinking something spicy, it’s delicious with this Jalapeño Popper Chicken. Chicken Scallopini is always delicious and a great way to dress it up a bit as well.
What do I need to make this Cheesy Twice Baked Potato Recipe?
You’re in luck! This cheesy baked potato recipe really doesn’t call for anything out of the ordinary. I’m certainly not whipping up dishes that call for crazy, hard to find ingredients or equipment! Other than the ingredients- potatoes, shredded cheese, bacon, sour cream, etc that you’ll get from the grocery store – you only need a handful of kitchen items.
I personally recommend using a potato masher over a wooden spoon to simplify things. [Does yours always get caught in a drawer? Drives my husband nutty! Makes me laugh though!] You could always use a mixer as well. I’ve done that when I was in a pinch and didn’t want to mash the potatoes by hand.
The parchment lined baking sheets are to keep your oven from getting messy. Can you just roast potatoes without them? Sure! But it could drip on the bottom of the oven and get messy. Skip the mess, use a baking sheet.
Why a medium or large bowl? You’ll be surprised at the amount of filling you have once you’ve got the potatoes and extra tasty mix-ins in there! The larger the bowl, the easier is to keep your kitchen clean since you won’t have to work in batches with this cheesy baked potato recipe or worry about things spilling over the side.
Twice Baked PotatoesPrint Recipe
- 4-5 russet potatoes
- 3-5 tbsp Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Bacon Cooked and Chopped
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese separated
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 4-5 tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- 1/2 tbsp Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees before starting.
- Wash the potatoes throughly and place them in a bowl.
- Pour oil and kosher salt over them, toss to evenly coat.
- Lay potatoes in parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 60 mins.
- Remove from oven, reduce temp to 350, and slice potatoes in half (long ways).
- Remove the inside of the potatoes and add them to a bowl.
- Add in sour cream, cream cheese, melted butter, bacon, 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese, paprika and salt/pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degree for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Optional: top with extra bacon, sour cream, green onions, salsa & more!
Enjoyed this delicious cheesy potato bake recipe? You’ll love these other food favorites!