Looking for a low carb and delicious snack similar to a pepperoni pizza? These pepperoni and cream cheese roll ups offer all of the yummy flavors of your favorite pizza but they are ready in ten minutes or less unless you choose to chill them for later snacking!Jump to Recipe
Love a good snack recipe? Trying to eat a bit healthier this new year? Try out my easy sweet potato nachos for a yummy and nutritious lunch!
Cream Cheese Pepperoni Rolls Ingredients
These yummy pizza-esque roll ups come together with 6 simple and affordable ingredients:
Pepperoni: Easily grab your favorite pre-sliced variety or head to your local deli for some fresh, deli-sliced pepperoni.
Cream Cheese: Softened cream cheese is going to work best for this recipe!
Garlic Powder: This recipe relies on pizza-like flavors. Garlic powder is a must!
Onion Powder: Onion powder is another must for bringing out that pizza flavor.
Italian Seasoning: Italian seasoning is the most important seasoning here to really bring out that pizza-ness!
Mozzarella Cheese: The pizza classic; mozzarella! Stuff it in there.
Substitutions and Variations for Pepperoni Roll Ups
Personally, I like how simple this recipe is without subs and variations, however, you can easily make it your own with the following suggestions:
- Swap out the pepperoni for some salami. Same pizza-ish flavor but with a bit of an Italian bite!
- Change out the cheese. Mozzarella is the best IMO, however, you could easily add in some shredded Parmesan or shredded Provolone to add even more flavor.
- Bake them up. This recipe simply calls for a chill in the fridge, but you could also air fry them for 5 minutes to crisp them up!
What to Serve with Cream Cheese Pepperoni Roll Ups
This little snack is a great appetizer for any and all events but it also pairs well with a snack plate dinner; one of my favorites! Pair these yummy cream cheese pepperoni roll ups with your favorite crackers, some grapes, and snap peas and you have a tasty little board.
Pepperoni Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- 1 pound deli sliced pepperoni or salami I used a mix of both
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together the cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and mozzarella cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Lay the meat slices on a flat surface and spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture over the top of each slice.
- Tightly roll the pepperoni around the cream cheese filling.
- Place in an airtight container or on a plate covered with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.