Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Casserole, also known as Strawberries and Cream Breakfast Bake, is a great breakfast for feeding a crowd. Or just a few hungry kids before school on Valentine’s Day. This easy to make breakfast recipe is full of yummy strawberries, cream cheese and cinnamon rolls for a perfect sweet, dessert inspired brunch.
If you like what you’re reading, please consider sharing this article with your community and following @sandeelbooth on Instagram and Pinterest. All products mentioned are independently chosen, and may be affiliate links. Your support is appreciated!
Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Do you love strawberries and cream? If so, you’ll throughly enjoy this simple breakfast casserole. It doesn’t take too much prep time and less than an hour in the oven. It’s a wonderful weekend breakfast option, but would also be fabulous for holidays like Valentine’s Day, Christmas, Easter and more!
Do I need any supplies for this Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Casserole?
Yes, but not a lot. You’ll need the handful of ingredients that you can grab from most any store. Cinnamon rolls, strawberry pie filling, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. If you can’t find the strawberries and cream cinnamon rolls, feel free to substitute regular ones. You’ll get plenty of strawberry flavor from the pie filling.
To assemble it, you’ll need a mixing bowl, hand or stand mixer, kitchen shears and a baking dish. Nothing crazy!
How do I make this casserole?
Thankfully this casserole is a cinch to whip up! Since we aren’t making the cinnamon rolls from scratch – although you could if you would like- it’s saving us a ton of prep time.
You’ll need to gather your ingredients and get your oven preheated. While your oven is heating up, cut your cinnamon rolls into bite size pieces with your kitchen shears. Next you’re going to grab your softened cream cheese, vanilla and sugar. Get that yumminess mixed together and add some of the strawberries. Not all of it! You’re reserving the other half to top the Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Casserole with.
Add your cut up cinnamon roll pieces and gently stir to coat. You’re going to transfer that mixture to your baking dish then top with the remaining strawberries. Bake until done, then drizzle with the cinnamon roll icing and enjoy!
What should I serve with this strawberries and cream bake?
This yummy Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Casserole is pretty great on its own. But if you would like to add a few things to balance it out, scrambled eggs and bacon are always delicious! I would skip adding any other carb dishes since it would be too heavy served together.
Enjoying this for dessert instead of breakfast? Serve as is or kick it up a notch and add a scoop of cheesecake ice cream. So good and absolutely irresistible!
Enjoyed this recipe? You’ll love these other articles!
Strawberry Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 1 Can Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Strawberry & Cream Icing
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Open the cinnamon roll package and set aside the icing. Cut each cinnamon roll into six pieces, then set them aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add half the strawberry pie filling and stir to mix.
- Stir in the cinnamon roll pieces until they're thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Top with remaining pie filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Allow the casserole to cool for around 10 minutes, then top with the strawberry icing that came with the cinnamon rolls.