Spicy parmesan sausage balls are a super tasty appetizer for any event but they are definitely my favorite recipe to make up for game day parties!
Learn how to make these delicious sausage balls with only 7 easy-to-find ingredients in no time at all. They are a must for your next party!Jump to Recipe
Spicy Bisquick Sausage Balls Ingredients
This perfect appetizer comes together with 7 ingredients:
Bisquick Mix – Feel free to use gluten-free Bisquick if that is your preference!
Hot Ground Sausage – The hotter the better! Be sure that it does not say “breakfast sausage” anywhere on it.
Egg – Pretty straight forward.
Italian Seasoning – The perfect seasoning for tasty meatballs.
Parmesan Cheese – Did I mention these sausage balls are cheesy?!
Butter – You’ll use this to finish off the spicy sausage balls.
Garlic Powder – This will go into the melted butter you use to finish off the yummy spicy sausage meatballs.
Substitutions and Variations for Spicy Sausage Meatballs
There are a few ways you could doctor up these yummy spicy parmesan sausage balls including:
Meat Substitution – Easily swap out the suggested spicy ground sausage for some turkey sausage or another variety of pork sausage. You don’t have to use hot sausage for this recipe if you don’t want to!
Cream Cheese – Add some cream cheese to the mix for a creamy addition to the already added parmesan cheese.
Mix-In Sauce – Add some extra flavor with some of your favorite sauces including BBQ sauce, maple syrup, honey mustard, or dijon mustard.
Add More Cheese – What could every recipe call for? More cheese! Add some pre-shredded cheese such as sharp cheddar cheese or a Mexican cheese blend.
Important Notes for Making Spicy Sausage Meatballs
These balls are best served warm so my suggestion would be to make them right before serving or keep them in a slow cooker on WARM to keep them warm for everyone to grab during your party.
Spicy Parmesan Sausage Balls
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick Biscuit Mix
- 1 pound hot ground sausage
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour the biscuit mix, sausage, egg, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese into the large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. You could also use a food processor.
- Beat on low speed until the mixture is fully combined.
- Use a tablespoon or small cookie scoop to form the mixture into balls. They should be about 1-inch balls.
- Place the balls on a parchment paper lined baking tray and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
- When the sausage balls are finished baking, stir together the melted butter, remaining Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Brush the seasoned butter over the top of each sausage ball and serve immediately.