Forget the dense bread and grab some of your favorite tortillas to make your own deliciously simple club sandwich pinwheels.
Packed with all of the essential flavors of a traditional club sandwich, this easy appetizer or lunch idea comes together in ten minutes and offers full flavors in each perfect bite.Jump to Recipe
Love a good classic sandwich and recipes similar to this one? Fan of pinwheel recipes with simple ingredients? I think you’d love my easy taco pinwheels. They come together fast and are oh-so tasty!
Tortilla Pinwheel Sandwiches Ingredients
These yummy club sandwich pinwheels come together with some basic and easy to find ingredients:
Tortillas: The bigger the tortilla the more you can load in there. I suggest full-sized flour tortillas or you can opt for traditional wrap-style tortillas!
Cream Cheese: Softened, of course, is ideal for this recipe.
Mayonnaise: Any kind of mayo will work but we used traditional mayonnaise.
Bacon: You’re going to crumble this up so you could either use fresh bacon or opt for pre-made bacon bits.
Cheddar Cheese: What sandwich is complete without some cheese? Opt for some shredded cheddar for this fabulous recipe.
Lettuce: Shredded is ideal for this recipe for the perfect bite.
Deli Meat: Fresh slices of ham and turkey make this recipe a true club. Opt for fresh varieties from your local deli. Flavored varieties would kick this recipe up a notch, for example, some smoked turkey slices would add some great flavor. The smooth smokiness of the turkey pairs well with some Honey Baked Ham!
Substitutions and Variations for Club Wraps
The best part about this classic club sandwich wrap recipe is that it can be easily made to fit your own flavor preference! Here are some ideas:
Add some other meats: Adding other varieties of fresh deli meats, such as roast beef, would really uplevel this recipe.
Up the flavor profile: You are going to mix together the cream cheese, mayo, bacon, and cheese before lathering it on your tortilla. Add some extra flavor to that blend by mixing in some diced green onion, black pepper, garlic powder, or onion powder.
Change up the lettuce: You could opt for the pre-shredded ice burg lettuce, but for some more flavor and nutrients you could go for some romaine lettuce or green leaf lettuce that you chop up yourself.
Add more veggies: Some yummy sliced red bell peppers, thin slices of cucumber, or pickles would add some extra flavor to this pinwheel recipe.
Swap out the tortillas: Not a fan of flour tortillas? No problem. Use some corn tortillas (be sure to cook them up first) or some whole wheat tortillas, whichever fits your preference!
Change up the cheese: Opt for some of your favorite cheese such as Colby Jack cheese or Provolone cheese as opposed to traditional cheddar cheese if you prefer.
Add some sauce: Big fan of Bacon Ranch sandwiches and dishes? Some ranch dressing takes these tortilla pinwheel sandwiches to the next level!
What to Serve with Club Sandwich Pinwheels
This classic sandwich pairs perfectly with some of your favorite chips but also goes over well as the perfect finger food for your next brunch or party!
Important Notes for Making Club Pinwheels:
I have a few tips that’ll help you make the best club sandwich pinwheels out there:
- Make the wrap on top of some plastic wrap and roll it up tight and let it chill in the fridge before enjoying. This will help everything stay together well after slicing with a sharp knife on your cutting board and taking bites!
- Use a larger tortilla if you are wanting to do a double layer of all ingredients.
- Use sliced cheese if you want bigger bites of cheese in this turkey club pinwheels as opposed to smaller bits of shredded cheese. Simply wrap it up like the deli meat.
- Serve it chilled as opposed to room temperature for the best flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
To ensure the pinwheel doesn’t fall apart, make sure to wrap in plastic wrap and chill for an hour or more then slice with a sharp knife.
Yes and no. You can, but they won’t be as fresh and might even get soggy because of the cream cheese mixture. Opt for making them prior to serving.
This is likely because you used too much mayonnaise and let them sit too long or used too wet of ingredients. Make sure your ingredients are not wet and do not let the wraps sit for too long.
Turkey Club Sandwich Pinwheels
- 8 large tortillas
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 strips bacon finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 16 slices turkey
- 16 slices ham
- Stir together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, bacon, and shredded cheese.
- Spread the cream cheese over the top of each tortilla in a thin layer.
- Top the cream cheese with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes.
- Add four slices of turkey and four slices of ham to each tortilla.
- Tightly roll up the tortilla around the filling and wrap each tortilla with plastic wrap.
- Place the wraps in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- Cut the tortillas into one inch slices before serving.