Taco Pinwheels are a cinch to whip up, perfect for Taco Tuesday, parties, weeknight dinners & Cinco de Mayo! You’ll love these yummy and flavorful taco bites anytime you’ve got a craving for tacos.
These taco pinwheels are a fun twist on traditional tacos. They’re just as easy to make, customize, and eat as your regular favorites too. While we love tacos, enchiladas, Queso and more, sometimes it’s fun to change up your regular routine. These taco pinwheels are just that!
Can I customize these Taco Pinwheels?
These are easy to change up too. Use your ground meat of choice, beef, turkey, chicken, deer or more. Make your own taco seasoning (I love this one from Confessions of a Fit Foodie!) or use store bought, change the salsa, add your favorite spices and more. You really can’t go wrong with this yummy recipe.
How do I serve these Taco Pinwheels?
Anyway you want! You can’t go wrong. Serve them as is or with rice or fried potatoes, a side salad or Queso. Enjoy them as an appetizer or for a main entree, snack on them for games or before dinner. Make them to serve on a taco board for a fun meal!
You’re going to love these! Let me know in the comments how you served these.
- 2 lbs ground meat
- 1 Packet taco seasoning mix (or seasoning of choice)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz salsa of choice
- 2 sheets Cold puff pastry
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with non stick spray.
- Brown the meat and drain and return to the painAdd in the minced garlic and cook about 1-2 mins until well distributed.
- Add in the taco seasoning packet and water. Mix well.
- Add in the salsa and let cook about 2-3 mins, until well incorporated, set to the side.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a flat surface.
- Spread the meat mixture evenly on the dough. Sprinkle the cheese over top.
- If you like your tacos extra cheesey, add cheese first, then meat, then top with more cheese.
- Starting at the long edge closest to you, begin to roll up the dough (cinnamon bun- style).Roll it up tightly. Seal the edge all along the roll.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the roll evenly into one-inch slices for appetizer size and 2 inch slices for dinner portion sizes.Place the taco pinwheels on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between them.
- Bake the pinwheels for 10 to 12 minutes or until the pinwheels are golden brown, for dinner sized they will need to cook 25-30min.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, mexican rice or chips and salsa and enjoy!