Was school just canceled and you’re feeling a bit apprehensive of spending weeks on end with your kids? While MN hasn’t canceled (yet!) I’ve gathered a list of fun things to do with the kids to keep them entertained and save your sanity.
Fun things to do if you’re stuck home with the kids
1. St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunts
2. Make Toy Story Inspired Bookmarks
4. 20 Affordable Kids Crafts with Things from around the house
5. Make bacon & egg breakfast pockets!
6. Pillow forts- gather chairs, blankets & pillows and have fun!
7. Online education- there’s a mess of online schools that are offering free or low discounted pricing right now.
8. Teach them to cook! Have family favorite recipes? This is the perfect time to teach them how to make them. Consider it their home ec class. 😉
9. Color, paint, clay, play dough. They can entertain kids for hours! Consider making Homemade Playdough or Oobleck!
10. Hand art! This is for a cute Unicorn craft, Pigeon art, and more.
11. I made Homemade Butter as a kid and it was so fun! It’s definitely great at keeping them busy. Same with
12. Make homemade Ice Cream! Sugar Free Sprinkles has an amazing assortment of gluten free, low carb & refined sugar free recipes.
13. Make this fun adult & kid friendly cocktail from The Cookie Rookie! She has directions for both and it’s SO fun! If you’re needing recipe ideas, check out her blog for an assortment of ideas from breakfast to dinners & everything in between!
I hope this list helps keep the cabin fever at bay! Let me know if you do any of these activities. I love to hear from you!
Leave a Reply