We LOVE granola in our house! The kids eat it regularly & I love knowing exactly what’s in it.
Chocolate Chip Homemade Granola Bars
Makes 10 granola bars
Prep time: 20 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
2 ½ old fashioned rolled oats
½ cup chopped peanuts and pecans
Honey – ¼ cup
¼ cup unsalted butter
¼ cup peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
½ cup mini chocolate candies (M&Ms)
Instructions for Homemade Granola Bars:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the rolled oats and chopped nuts over the parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. In a small sauce pan, combine the honey, butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Cook over medium low heat until the butter and peanut butter are melted. Stirring occasionally to combine ingredients.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
5. Pour roasted oats and nuts in a large bowl. Add the peanut butter mixture and stir to combine.
6. Allow the oat mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the oat mixture into the pan and press the mixture down into the pan until solid.
8. Top the oat mixture with additional chocolate chips and chocolate candies. Press the candy into the top of the mixture to secure it in place.
9. Place the granola bars in the refrigerator to cool for at least an hour.
10. Before serving, remove the homemade granola bars from the pan by pulling the edges of the parchment paper. Place on a flat surface and use a sharp knife to cut the granola into 10 bars.