They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Why not start it with these Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pockets?! The kids love these for breakfast, especially on lazy weekend mornings!
These breakfast pockets come together quickly & are easy to assemble. Savannah loves to help put them together, so it’s a fun recipe to let the kids help with as well. We don’t usually have leftovers, but I’ve doubled the recipe a few times & frozen them before. When someone wants to eat one, I pop it into the microwave on a plate with a slightly damp paper towel on top for 1-2 minutes. So delish! Ours never last longer than a month in the freezer before eating, but I wouldn’t leave them for too terribly long in there.
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pockets
Makes 8 Breakfast Pockets
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
1/3 cup milk
2 containers crescent rolls
2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
12 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together milk and eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Scramble eggs over medium low heat in a large skillet, stirring constantly. When eggs are cooked through, remove from heat and set aside.
4. Separate the crescent rolls into eight rectangles, pinching together the seam in the center of each rectangle to seal.
5. Place eggs on one side of each rectangle. Top the eggs with cheese and bacon.
6. Fold the other half of the crescent roll over the top of the eggs, bacon and cheese. Pinch the sides together to seal.
7. Place breakfast pockets on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Halfway through the baking time, remove breakfast pockets from oven and brush the tops with melted butter.
8. Let breakfast pockets rest for five minutes before serving.