Whether you’re looking for a simple game day snack or a quick and easy dinner idea, crescent rolls can be a lifesaver! Just find a delicious filling, roll them up, and pop them in the oven for a simple treat. Also, with the help of some shredded chicken, you can whip up a flavorful meal or appetizer in a matter of minutes using this seven-ingredient recipe for BBQ stuffed crescent rolls.
[As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.]
BBQ Crescent Rolls Ingredients
The best part about this simple recipe is that you need just a few ingredients to make it. Since most of the ingredients are already prepared, you just have to take a few minutes to fill each crescent roll, then wait for them to bake. So, to make these simple BBQ crescent rolls, you’ll need:
How to Stuff Crescent Rolls
Once you have your ingredients ready to go, it’s time to start stuffing! Follow these simple tips for stuffing your crescent rolls with BBQ filling:
What to serve with BBQ Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls
These bbq chicken rolls are so delicious! But if you would like to round them out and make them a meal, a side salad always goes well with them. You can make one or grab a bagged one for the store for less than $4. If you’re in the mood for a heartier meal, Twice Baked Potato Casserole is a fantastic side dish as well as Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole. If you’re serving these crescent rolls as an appetizer, then they’d go well with these Crockpot Boiled Peanuts or Beer Cheese Dip.
BBQ Stuffed Crescent Rolls
Makes 8 crescent rolls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 package crescent roll dough
1 cup shredded chicken
½ cup BBQ sauce
1 8-oucne can baked beans
½ cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon BBQ seasoning (I used Weber)
BBQ Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- 1 Package crescent roll dough
- 1 Cup shredded chicken
- 1/2 Cup bbq sauce
- 1 8 oz can baked beans
- 1/2 Cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp BBQ seasoning *I used Weber
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken and BBQ sauce.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles. Place a spoonful of baked beans on the bottom of each triangle, then top it with BBQ chicken and shredded cheese.
- Carefully roll up the crescent rolls and place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush the rolls with butter and sprinkle the BBQ seasoning on the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, until the crescent rolls are golden brown. Enjoy!
Change up the cheese! Cheddar Jack is great with it, but so is any cheddar or cheese with a slight kick to it.
Don’t like baked beans? Feel free to leave them out.