You’re going to LOVE this fresh and fun Candy Cane Sugar Scrub! It’s a great craft to make with the kids, during a girls night, or as a gift to give to friends and family.
Candy Candy Sugar Scrub
How long will this Candy Cane Sugar Scrub keep?
This Candy Cane Sugar Scrub is such a great gift! While they are made with soap and olive oil, they also don’t last too long out since they have sugar in them. Keeping them in an airtight container in the fridge helps them last longer, but definitely make sure to use them in a few weeks! If you don’t want to keep them in your kitchen, grab a miniature fridge for your skincare to keep in your bedroom.
[As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.]
Where do I get the supplies for this Candy Cane Sugar Scrub?
I got the bulk of my supplies from Amazon, but you can get yours online or from a craft store if you have one near you! There are so many cute containers out because of the holidays, so popping a few of these sugar scrub cubes into one and wrapping with a cute ribbon would be an adorable DIY present.
Do I have to use peppermint to make this Candy cane sugar scrub?
I’ve used this soap base for other projects before as well! Can you really use too much Peppermint?! Ok yes, you totally can. Using it in moderation is always key and if you think 15 drops is too strong, feel free to use less! I personally love how refreshing it is, but if you want to use another scent go ahead. There’s so many you can use! The bath dyes are so fun to use too! They are food grade, skin safe & FDA approved. They’re fun to add some color, but you can totally leave them out if you aren’t a fan of added dyes.
What do I store this Candy cane sugar scrub in?
These trays are so awesome! It’s a pack of 3 for only $7.99, which can’t be beat. I’ve used them for soap molds (which I keep separate) as well as using the other ones for making baby food and ice pops. If you’re looking for cute packaging to gift these sugar scrubs, I’ve picked up some from the dollar store as well as using these super cute BPA free ones.
Candy Cane Sugar Sugar Scrub Cubes
- I/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cube melt & pour soap base (1×1 inch)
- 15 drops Peppermint fragrance oil
- 1 drop cherry soap colorant
- Small round ice cube tray
- Small glass measuring cup or bowl
- Wooden craft stick for stirring
- Put the cube of soap into the measuring cup and microwave on high for about 20-30 seconds. Add the olive oil, sugar and fragrance oil. Stir well. This will thicken up very quickly, so if it is getting thick, place in microwave for addition 10 seconds.
- Put drop of cherry soap colorant in and give just a quick stir. You want to be able to see a marbled effect of colors when this sets.
- Pour into ice cube tray and let set for about 45 minutes to allow the cubes to completely form.
- Remove from tray and put in an airtight container.
Enjoy your fabulous Candy Cane Sugar Scrub!
*Notes- Since these do contain sugar, they won’t last too long if left out. Keeping them in an airtight container will help with longevity. I typically go through two a week and keep them in the fridge so they stay super fresh & cool! If you’re giving them as a gift, I like to jot down the ingredients in the card or on the back of a tag to let the receiver know everything that’s in them. It’s nice to just make sure they can use them in case they’re sensitive to any of the ingredients!