How’s everyone’s week going? Can you believe it’s almost Christmas?! I can’t. Like seriously, where did this year go? I feel like 2018 just started and can not fathom it’s about be 2019. Mind blown.
I’ve sold and purchased designer bags on eBay and so, so many people have asked me how I know I’m not getting ripped off. I’ll let y’all know what I do to ensure I’m not getting ripped off and still get a great deal!
- Only buy from sellers with stellar reviews. Seriously y’all, I won’t take a chance on buying from someone with no reviews when it comes to my money. Why chance it?
- Make sure the listing is incredibly descriptive- text & image wise. There needs to be at least 8-10 good quality photos for me to look at, including a photo of the serial number. If there isn’t & I’m seriously intrigued, I message the seller for more information. That rarely happens though.
- When I have the serial number, I look to see what information I can find on it. I want to know where it was made, when, how much it’s going for on other sites, etc..
- I set a specific budget- I know how much a great condition Louis Vuitton can go for, which is great for the reselling value, but that’s not typically in my personal budget. I may put bids on a few different bags, but I won’t go over a certain amount. I’m of the mindset that if it’s meant to be, I’ll get it.
- If everything goes right & I win (or use Buy It Now), I only pay with PayPal. I love PayPal y’all! It’s so, so user friendly-for both personal & business use.
So that’s what I do! If you try it, let me know how it works for you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, request more photos, etc… If it’s a legit bag & they’re an honest seller, they won’t mind doing a bit of extra work for the sell. I’ve yet to run into anyone who won’t gladly send extra information.
As always, thanks for stopping by y’all!