I always love a good do it yourself project. What I enjoy about this is that it only needs TWO ingredients! Yessssss! If you love Coconut Oil, you’ll love this.
I have a few different oils that I use and love, but I use Lavender the most. It just smells SO good! You can use whatever brand and oil you’re most comfortable with. I use coconut oil for so much! Cooking, deep conditioning treatments for my hair and skin, mixed with sugar for an easy scrub, etc… So many amazing uses!
Have you ever added a smidgen of coconut oil to melted chocolate and then poured it over ice cream? YUM! Like a healthier (ok, not really….but less unnecessary ingredients) chocolate shell. Try it the next time you have ice cream. You’ll love it!
Diy Coconut Oil Body Butter
1 c. coconut oil (unrefined, cold-pressed)
8-10 drops of your favorite essential oil
This coconut oil body butter is so smooth and smells amazing. I use it in place of eye makeup remover and moisturizer. It absorbs quickly and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth!
- Scoop coconut oil into mixing bowl.
- Add essential oil drops to the mixing bowl.
- Turn the mixer on high and whip the coconut oil for a few minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to whip for 5 minutes or so, until all of the coconut oil is soft and fluffy.
- Put coconut oil body butter into an airtight storage container. Enjoy!
Note: Coconut oil melts at 76°F, so if you’re traveling someplace warm, BE SURE that the container you have it in is airtight. A bag full of oily clothes is a real bummer!